LIKE on FB

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Makeup Show NY 2011- Experience & Haul



Hi Beauties:

I decided to take a trip to New York (for the first time) to attend THE MAKEUP SHOW- NYC. It was a 4hr direct flight from Grand Cayman but I made it there (and back).




Yes, as much of a world traveler as I am, I have never been to the Big Apple. Why is it called the Big Apple anyway? I need to Google that.






ABOUT THE SHOW


The Makeup Show is a PRO-ONLY trade even open to those individuals and companies involved in the makeup artist industry. Makeup artists, retail artists, aestheticians, cosmotologists, hair stylists, fashion stylists, buyers, agents and photographers.


The show was a 2-day event held at the Metropolitan Pavilion, NY, on Sunday, May 15 and Monday, May 16, 2011. I attended the show on Sunday. For the first time in 2011, the show had 4 floors of goodies, seminar, sponsors, schools and so much more. Imagine that! 4 HUGE floors of goodiesssss!!!!!





EXHIBITORS




The list of exhibitors at the show was endless. There were makeup companies, suppliers, industry artists, airbrush companies etc.



Exhibitors included Make Up Forever (MUFE) who had the largest crowd and longest line by far. There was NO way I was going to stand in that. It was pretty hectic at MUFE. Inglot was also pretty hectic. MAC and Crown Brushes which also had a crazy line. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC), Stila, Alcone Company, Luminess Air, Mehron, Kryolan, Dinair Airbrush, Dermalogica, Nigel's Beauty Emporium, NARS were all there and the list goes on and on.



OVERALL EXPERIENCE & HIGHLIGHT


Overall, the show was a good experience for me. It was both tiring and exciting. It was great to be amidst persons who shared the same passion and interest. For that one day, I didn't mind being in such a crazy crowd although it was absolute mayhem being there.


The highlight was definitely seeing fellow bloggers and makeup artists like Tina (The Fancy Face), Lauren (Queen of Blending), Ren Ren (Makeup by Ren Ren) and others. I managed to squeeze a pic with Lauren & Tina but not of Ren Ren but she was pretty cool too.






My mini haul (I couldn't stand in those lines)







Part of Inglot's display














Inglot's crowd and others










Another makeup artist from Cayman








My look for the show (fairly natural and simple)....and yes, that's my hair ;)....not braids or weave. It's dreadlocks...all mine







The Makeup Show Billboard







Don't know who this lady is but I loved her flower :)










Tina, The Fancy Face and I (check her out at http://thefancyface.blogspot.com/)







Jordan Liberty (to my right) http://www.jordanliberty.com/














Lauren (Queen of Blending). I absolutely LOVED her flowers and tutu

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad u made it back safe hon. The crowds were crazy but I hope u had a great time! It was great seeing u in person. Kisses!

G Jones said...

Great post! I know it was fun.

I hope to go next year.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews