LIKE on FB

Monday, August 30, 2010

Miss Earth Cayman Islands 2010

Hey beauties:


First of all, let me just say how much I MISS you and miss blogging. I need a computer ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmph!
Anyway, I've been doing lots of makeup on myself for my blog posts (as usual) AND working with the Miss Cayman 2010 contestants and Miss Earth Cayman Islands 2010 (Samantha Widmer) who was announced on Saturday, August 28, 2010.
I received a request from one of the members of N'Vogue Productions to provide makeup services for the Miss Earth Cayman Islands 2010 winner. Of course, I was more than willing and ready to accept such a fabulous opportunity to work with Sam. It was more for the cause than the actual event. Mother Earth belongs to every living creature and we must all share the responsibility of nuturing it. It's the only one we have.
ABOUT MISS EARTH: Miss Earth is an annual international beauty pageant promoting environmental awareness. Along with Miss Universe and Miss World contests, Miss Earth is one of the three largest beauty pageants in the world in terms of the number of national-level competitions to participate in the world finals and is one of the most publicized beauty contests in the world. The reigning titleholders dedicate their year to promote environmental projects and to address issues concerning the environment.

This year's international pageant will be held in Vietnam and can I just tell you that I'd pass out if I were asked to travel with Sam to do her makeup- wishful thinking!!
My day started at 5:30am- FAIL!!!! I am NOT a morning person. Anyway, for the love of makeup, I was up and at 'em in time. I had to meet Sam at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites Resort (formerly the Hyatt) for 7am. The beauty about being out this early in the morning was that I got a chance to watch the sun rise at 5:50ish- HOW GORGEOUS!!! and experienced the freshness of the beach before everyone went out.

Sam had to do an early morning beach shoot as her theme for the international pageant is water, and what better place to do a shoot than on the beautiful, white, sandy beaches of Grand Cayman (yes, I live there). We started makeup around 7:10am and finished at 7:45am.

To give you a sneak peek of my Saturday, August 28, 2010......here is Miss Earth Cayman Islands 2010, Samantha Widmer.

CONGRATULATIONS Samantha and we wish you ALL the very best for this international pageant. I know that you will shine like the star you are.


Samantha Widmer (yes there are blonde hair, green eyed island people)


Sam & I (sorry about the quality of the photo)



Sam & I again

Sam's morning/ beach shoot makeup (she was wearing a
navy blue bikini)


Sam's evening wear shoot. She was wearing a
GORGEOUS 1 strapped dress. Simple but elegant.

The world famous Seven Mile Beach- Grand Cayman (Google it)








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews