LIKE on FB

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Interview: My daughter said....

Hi lovelies:


I'm back with another natural hair interview and this one is near and dear to me just because I am soooo in love with her hair.....she's a great sport and I was over the moon when she agreed to do the interview.


                                                                       BEFORE                                                                                



AFTER


Me: How long have you been natural?
JG: 3 years and 3 months

Me: What inspired/motivated you to go natural?
JG: My daughter.  She wanted to relax her hair and I am trying to teach her to love who she is.  I want her to appreciate her beautiful curls.  One day she said to me "well you relaxed yours".  That did it.

Me: What were your biggest fears/ concerns (if any) about going natural?
JG: The transition from relaxed to natural. At first I didnt know if I should cut it all off or transition.

 

Me: Did you 'big chop' or transition?
JG: I elected to transition.

Me: If you transitioned, then how? (Weave, braids, wig, etc). If you big chopped, what motivated you?
JG: I started the process in the winter which helped.   I was able to use a flat iron to press out my curls and kept my hair straight for several months.  Every 3 months or so I would cut  some of the relaxed hair. 

                                           
                                        Flat ironed hair

Me: How do you maintain your natural hair/ what is your hair regimen (daily, weekly, monthly)?
JG: For me, conditioning is key. I deep condition my hair on a weekly basis. When I wash it I also use a leave in conditioner. There are some days I twist it and some days I don't. It depends and my mood and timing.

Me: Are you a memeber of any natural hair group? If so, which one(s)?
JG: Yes, I follow FB Natural Hair.       
                                         

Me: What is/ are your natural hair goal(s)?
JG: I want to grow my hair a bit more then find a fabulous cut which will show off my curls even more :)

Me: List 3-5 of your favorite natural hair products? How do you use them? (include frequency of use)
JG: I like the Mizani True Texture products and sometime I use Pantene's Natural products. To hold my curls I always use Curls Goddess Curls and Motions Foam Wrap.



Me: What type of feedback have you received since you went natural (transitioned or big chopped)? 
JG: Eveyone loves it. 

Me: How has your natural hair journey been since you went natural?
JG: I love it.  I feel more like myself, the person who I was meant to be. 



Until next time, be beautiful. Be naturally you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews