LIKE on FB

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cayman Carnival, Batabano 2012!!! Time to fete!

Carnival fever is in the air and the people of the Cayman Islands are in full swing and ready to fete. All the revellers are excited and ready to go and the radio stations are pumping the latest calypso and soca to keep the soca junkies' adrenaline going.

Cayman Carnival, Batabano was launched by the Rotary Club of Grand Cayman in 1983 (see more info here: Cayman Carnival Batabano).

On Saturday, May 5, 2012, soca junkies will be in the streets of Grand Cayman displaying their vibrant costume colours. Two of the main groups that I always look forward to seeing their costumes are Island Mas Cayman and Swanky International .

I actually won't be 'chipping down di road' but I will try to get in on some of the action and take a few pics to share with you.

To  feed in on some of the Carnival energy, I decided to create my own colourful looks to share with you so enjoy!











1 comments:

The Simplee Truth said...

- Beautiful color combos ! I made a promise to myself that I would go to Jamaica & Trinidad's carnivals at least once before 30. I'm only 17 now, so I have time :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews