LIKE on FB

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Brief Update and Happenings....

Hi bloggers,
Am soooo sorry that I've been neglecting you but I've been supppppppppper busy with stuff...makeup, work, preparing to travel, Cayman Islands 2009 Jazz Fest.
Travel- I will be flying to Chicago to visit one of my sisters from Dec 8-14. It's a pretty short trip but I know it'll be worth the time. I also know that I'll freeze my butt off because I'm from an island where am used to 70 degrees and up, NOT 20 degrees and below :(.......I'll keep you posted though.
Makeup- I haven't been doing any tutorials as of late because I've been doing LOADS of makeup for my cousin, KK Alese who's a singer and will be releasing her first album on December 11, 2009. Woo hoo!!!! Am soooooooooo excited for her because we actually used to sing together but we moved on to other things. She continued her music and now has her own album. How exciting is that? I'll be posting photos soon.
Cayman Jazz Fest 2009- This year's headliners for the Cayman 2009 Jazz Fest (http://www.caymanislands.ky/jazzfest/) were ALICIA KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Peabo Bryson, Oleta Adams, Kirk Whalum, Arturo Tapin, Mike Phillips, Keith Sweat and others. The fest was from December 3-5, 2009. Honestly, am still trying to find words to describe the performances. They were completely OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! What was even MORE exciting was that I was the OFFICIAL MUA for the emcees of the event which means that I was actually on the stage with Alicia Keys, Jermaine Paul (www.myspace.com/jermainepaul) and crew. It was AWESOME!!! I also took photos with Elle Varner (www.mysapce.com/ellevarner). She has an AWESOME voice and she's an absolute sweetheart.
Christmas Makeup Giveaway- a HUGE and VERY GINORMOUS :) congratulations goes to Tinuke Wilson of New Jersey who was the lucky winner of my first Christmas Makeup Giveaway. She did an awesome job of creating a wearable Christmas look which was inspired by the colors of Christmas (green, red & white), Santa Claus and snow flakes. How cute is that? I'll also post those photos later.
More details coming soon.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews