LIKE on FB

Saturday, August 17, 2013

MY STYLE: Bold and Bright


Accept who you are; and revel in it- Mitch Albom


If you were to search through my closets....(yes I said closets with an 's' because there is more than one), you would not find a dress or skirt that is more than 2 inches above my knees. Why? Well, I've been teased all my life about how skinny/ petite I am and I have become overly conscious of my stature, including the fact that I have really skinny legs. While that is a compliment for many, in the Caribbean, being skinny is viewed as being ill or not liking to eat. As a matter of fact, I am quite the opposite. I am a healthy foodie. I LOVE my belly. I am genetically tiny and this goes as far back as my paternal great, great grandparents so there's definitely no hope for me gaining weight any time soon.

Wearing this dress today to run a few errands around town was a bold step for me and to post it here on my blog in this international forum is an even bolder step. This dress was gifted to me by my bestie because she thought it would look cute on me even though she's aware of the fact that I am conscious about my skinny legs.

What are your thoughts on my outfit?



Are you brave enough to rock white nail polish? I loved it!




Dress- H&M (old) | Hat- Similar here | Sandals- here | Bag- Zara

After taking the pictures for this post, I popped into a new restaurant to check out the menu and saw this sign on a board. I really couldn't agree more about this ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i think you look FANTABULOUS legs and all. be blessed :)

Unknown said...

i think you look gorge all way round...just discovered your beautiful blog and am all over it like white on rice...i was always a skinny girl and here in Africa that's a nono now that i am gaining some...i miss being petite because you make it look so good' love your fedora...werk it and do you

Shades Professional Makeup said...

Thank you for the support ladies. Much appreciated X

Style in Couple said...

I love this outfit too!!! and you look great!!
http://www.styleincouple.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews