LIKE on FB

Monday, August 26, 2013

INSPIRED STYLE: Princess Barbie

If I were to receive a dollar for every time some one called me barbie, I would be a zillionaire!



Over the weekend, I attended a beach wedding for two really cool, down to earth people. It was such a chilled, laid back type of wedding.....like a flip flop, short sleeve type of wedding, but knowing me, I had to attempt wearing heels on sand *crickets*.


I was never a girlie girl growing up and I still don't consider myself to be one but I really have a soft spot for big, flared, poofy skirts/ dresses. They automatically transform any woman into a princess with magic wands, tiaras and sparkles. Although this wedding was not about me, I wanted to feel like a princess.

A little magic can take you a long way- Roald Dahl

The design and colour combination of this dress was inspired by one of my favourite fashion bloggers, KT Reed of KTR Style. She designed a similar dress but I did not want to replicate her design but rather be inspired by the design. Of course, I also channeled a bit of my inner Carrie Bradshaw of SATC with the subtle high-low, flared bottom.

What are your thoughts about my design? 







Dress- Designed by me | Necklace - here| Earrings & Ring- Local Boutique | Heels (now on sale- Aldo)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

lord you are a ball of gorgeous. i love love love that dress... on you..and your high bun is the bees knees...

Shades Professional Makeup said...

Awww Susan, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and comment. Thank you

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews