LIKE on FB

Monday, November 16, 2015

Travel: Wanderlust Wardrobe


Surely you've heard the line, "Not all who wander are lost" from a poem written for Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, and if you've been following this blog or my Instagram for some time, you would know that I am quite the traveler, roamer, wanderer, wanderlust, globe-trotter or whatever frequent travelers are called. From time to time, I will share snippets of my worldwide travels on this blog but majority on my posts are shared on Instagram. Because of my frequent travel posts,  I was challenged by Betabrand to share my wanderlust wardrobe, basically functional outfits I would wear for the long days and nights spent globe-trotting, many of which I consider wardrobe staples--every woman's must have. Betabrand focuses on comfortable, yet stylish clothing. Check out their women's pants that are all pretty travel-focused. They look great, but feel even better! 

The City Traveler


I created this collage for the city traveler and funnily enough, it includes a pair of sneakers, a wardrobe staple that isn't necessarily a staple for me. C'mon, I'm a heels kinda gal but I've recently added 3 pairs of sneakers to my wardrobe though. For me, wearing comfy, loose-fitting clothing while travelling is key. It is paramount because the last thing you want is to feel confined/ restricted in the already confined space of an airplane, train or car. Walking the long airport halls or standing in immigration and security lines can be tough on the feet, back and body over all so I would always recommend wearing a good, comfy pair of sneakers.

The Island Traveler



This Island Traveler outfit is definitely a combination I would wear while traveling. I'm the traveler who wears sandals on travel days because I cannot be fussed to take off my sneakers (or other closed-toe) shoes to go through security. Some airports allow travelers to wear their sandals through the scanners and others don't but I much prefer to wear sandals. Over the past 6-8 months of traveling, I always ensure that I have a scarf. Some airplanes have teeth-clattering temps and cozy scarves always add comfort,warmth to the flights and a stylish element to your entire ensemble.


The Modern Chic Traveler



Here again, the Modern Chic Traveler will more than likely wear a comfortable pair of sneakers, (distressed) denim, a light-weight top like a chambray blouse, boyfriend shirt or cotton-blend top and of course, a scarf. Travel days should be no-fuss, chic and comfortable and what better way is there to achieve this than with double denim, comfortable shoes and a plaid scarf.

For more looks, visit my page on Polyvore

Betabrand is an online clothing community, based in San Francisco. We design, manufacture, and release new products nonstop. Brand-new ideas spring to life on our site everyday. Our fans co-design and crowdfund into existence in a matter of weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email to shadesnstyles(at)gmail(dot)com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | Affiliate Network Reviews